BRICS countries today play increasingly important role in various spheres: economics, culture, and politics… Higher education and advanced research are by no means exceptions. Dynamically developing economies do bring about rapid growth of the middle class, interested in quality education as well as in the outputs of advanced research projects. Both public and private investments come together with this interest, and BRICS countries today experience boom both in higher education and in scientific research projects…
Appreciation of this fact lies in the basis of all activities of UrFU centre of BRICS studies. The work of the centre is mainly focused upon:
· Analytics, consulting and advanced research in various spheres of BRICS countries collaboration. Some projects are also implemented in the interests of Russian governmental bodies, responsible for certain directions of foreign politics of Russian Federation
· Providing advanced (MA and PhD) education in BRICS studies and coordinating collaborative and exchange programmes with UrFU partners in different BRICS countries
· Organizing important scientific, cultural, educational etc. events of common interest for BRICS educational, research and cultural institutions.
In this way BRICS studies centre of the Institute of Social and Political Sciences of Ural Federal University tries to build widest possible collaboration with other research and educational institutions of the BRICS countries. The main goals of such collaboration are:
· Enhancement of visibility and competitiveness of the educational and research institutions of BRICS countries, especially in the context of world university rankings, including BRICS QS ranking, BRICS and Emerging Economies THE Ranking and other relevant international university rankings
· Formation of common educational space of the BRICS countries through academic exchanges, joint and network projects as well as via the activity of the relevant Associations and Leagues
· Creation of common research area through organizing joint studies in the fields of common interest, publishing joint articles, working out projects of joint scientific and scholarly journals as well as via creating wide network of joint post-doctoral fellowships
· Building shared innovation infrastructure, which would include joint-stock small and medium enterprises, start-up centres, business incubators etc. to influence the development of technologies of interest for BRICS economies
· Enhancement of understanding and intensification of the cultural contacts between the peoples of BRICS countries through organizing various events, short programmes and courses, including promotion of the languages of BRICS countries.